Saturday, January 07, 2006
2005 has been an AWESOME year. In church, stepping into cch has been a great blessing to me. Thank you God for the open door and the privilege to serve the children, the leaders and YOU! I also saw myself grow in my spiritual life to be more mature and wise through counsel and discipleship from leaders. I found new friends and a new role in cell grp. Most of all, I've gained a BEST FRIEND! hehe...
Well, 2005 is gone, 2006 has come. Along with this brand new year are a list of new resolutions and goals. But in this brand new year,I felt 2 very strong convictions that I want to carry with me throughout this year. They will determine my choices and the way I grow in my life this year:
1)
"
Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins
, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."
Indeed! With new roles in church, it's gona take more of me.. more of my time, my effort, more sacrifices blah blah blah... But I'm not very concerned about that. I'm more concerning on overcoming my weaknesses, changing them for the Lord, increasing my spiritual maturity in the Lord, strengthening my character! With these,
the old will be gone! And the new will come!
To me, new roles does not mean greater power or authority placed on me. No I dont like to take that kind of perspective. On the contrary, new roles will expose more weaknesses, more flaws and if you're not careful about guarding your life and willing to change your mistakes or pluck out any weeds growing in your life asap, it's just gona destroy you faster than you can ever imagine.
As i help others to grow in the Lord, and growing to be successful pple in the marketplace that puts God first and STILL are the TOP in the marketplace, I, myself, Gladys Wong, wants that to come to pass for myself too! When the leader sets the example, the followers will follow suit and my life will be the testimony that it is possible to be top and also be a fervent christian! If I want my cg members to go up another levle, I must first go up another level!So my spiritual life must increase, God must increase!OH... crucify my flesh.. God must increase!
2)Taking ownership of your life!
Yes.. I'm stepping into my twenties THIS YEAR! wow... adulthood will chase after me in just another 1 more year! Actually not really freaky.. But very exciting I would say! My perspective of life now is that I want to ride on every moment of my life, every stage of life is gona be different.. Looking to the future is very good! But living for your current moment is also very impt! I want to enjoy every single moment of my life! Not in the flesh of course.. haha.. but I want to feel good spiritually and feel good in my outlook!
Anyway, yes.. taking ownership of your life.. It's all about making your dreams and your life happen! Nobody can do it better for you except yourself! So take charge of your life and stop just crying about your past mistakes! Grow up!(sorry, i've been kinda counseling this person eigene if you know who he is and i'm just very provoked by his spirit)
Yup, so it's ALL ABOUT DECISIONS! WISDOM! No wonder King Solomon ask for wisdom ABOVE ALL OTHER THINGS! I want that God!!!!!
"And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding, and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore.Thus Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the men of the East and all the wisdom of Egypt. For he was wiser than all men--than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol; and his fame was in all the surrounding nations. He spoke three thousand proverbs, and his songs were one thousand and five. Also he spoke of trees, from the cedar tree of Lebanon even to the hyssop that springs out of the wall; he spoke also of animals, of birds, of creeping things, and of fish. And men of all nations, from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his wisdom, came to hear the wisdom of Solomon." - 1Kings 4:29-34
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever."-Psalm111:10
"Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever."-Da 12:3
WISDOM! WISDOM! WISDOM!
FEAR OF THE LORD!
SHINEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Yes! The Year shall be GREAT!
I'm gona conquer my fears and weaknesses!
Glory be to God!!!!!!!
what i look forward to, 1:05 PM.
Profile
NAME
Gladys, Simple gal.
Y
Life, God & the pple that matter to me.
Tagboard
Wishlist
▪ new camera
▪ Money and GUTS to cut SHORT hair
▪ more clothes. I just cant get ENOUGH of(haha)
Archives
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
Credits
designed by
lil
.
queens
title script source unknown.
MySpace Music
Playlist
at
MixPod.com