<body>


Monday, July 24, 2006

Pastor Kong: "You never over-promise and under-deliver."

The degree of your committment towards your own words is a direct reflection of your character.

Wow.. was reading a blog and these words came strongly into my heart. How true.. Having made my first step into city harvest church 2 and a half yrs ago, learning to have the faith to make impt commitments and not to carry too many unnecessary commitments has been a great and i can say difficult lesson I've learnt and still am learning.

I'm not afraid to say that I'll put God first, the church first, my time with God first ahead of all the other priorities and commitments. Honour God and He will honour you! I trust Him. =)
I used to fill myself up with acitivities and work to the very brim of my abilitiy, even more than wad I can actually commit till one day, everything clashed. That was when I found my body physically so so tired, my soul so so dissatisfied and unrested, and my spirit also so dry and in desperate need of God's presence. And that was when by the saving grace of God, he sent sis mei and my cgl to speak to me... really impacted me a whole lot.

It was then that I realised it is not about filling your entire day with activities. But blanacing time for your body, your soul and your spirit. If any of these 3 things are not met, it will affect the other 2. Your body, soul and spirit= YOU! Watch it, or it'll collapse. =)

Anyway, I really thank God for great leaders in chc, and I really thank God for my cgl Jeryn. Had a great heart-to-heart talk with her ytd afternoon, telling her my burdens and the questions adn doubts in my mind... A spiritual leader above you is a MUST! I cannot stress how impt it is to be accountable because it is NOT that they want to poke into your dirty business ( who wants that rite? seriously..), but because they are sent by God to watch over you, and help you grow! Where there is accountability, there is safety... I totally experienced that...=)

I was abit tired and my contact lenses were abit dry in my eyes when I started pastor's discipleship class.. oh but how enriched I've been! i'm really very honoured and its a real privilege to be discipled by pastor, thank you God!!! anyway, kids nowadays are really really more complicated than we were in our days! oh man.... now it's my time to say "when I was young...." haha! when I used to always rebute back my parents when they always usedd that phrase... hahaha.. not that I'm not young ok,, hhaha.. but when I was a kid..hehe...

yeah.. anyway, the kind of stress and problem that they face.. oh man.. I'm glad I was born earlier not later... Every child needs to be loved and needs to know God is their heavenly father. This is my conviction. To go the extra mile and make a difference in a person's life.. that is wad I'm living to do.. I love jesus, how about you?=)


me, besty and tisha!!! hahaha... me and besty in ed hardy, celebrating tisha's birthday after service on sat! Tisha has the world's most fattering eye lashes! hahha...


what i look forward to, 11:47 AM.

Profile

NAME
Gladys, Simple gal.
Y Life, God & the pple that matter to me.
Tagboard

Wishlist
▪ new camera
▪ Money and GUTS to cut SHORT hair
▪ more clothes. I just cant get ENOUGH of(haha)
Archives
October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009
Credits
designed by lil.queens
title script source unknown.


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com