I simply love this, from pst phil pringle's leadership files.
FORGIVENESS
Quote - 'God forgives all your iniquities... heals all your diseases.'- Ps 103:3
You're going to love this:
Logic fails to answer the argument offered by a wounded heart.
The wounded justify bad attitudes with logic.
'They did it first.' 'Everybody does it.' 'They deserve it.'
A rational answer doesn't solve an emotional problem.
Forgiveness is the key to healing.
Forgive people before they apologise.
Even though it doesn't seem fair. You want revenge.
But forgive them. Let it go. Be bigger than your offenders.
Everyday, forgive everybody everything they've ever done against you.
And healing and health are yours.
___________________________________________________________________
I find it so true and this i find so apt in everybody's lives. I've been thinking about a close friend and thought about her when I read this. We experience more hurt and bitterness as we grow up. Things get more complicated and also just, more. Little things that people didnt think will cause hurt, do in fact wound our fragile hearts. And we might end up doing the same to others. The world is round, that's why.haha
But sometimes, you experience not just those daily doses of small hurts but a HUGE big rock or rocks of hurt start being hurled at you and all you can do is find defense systems to block them or justify your vengence and bitter emotions and thoughts.
I really love what pst phil wrote and what God tells us, to forgive, even when things are tough and it IS tough to do so. In fact, by the logical mind, you shouldn' t do so.
I love how when I'm able to forgive, I experience the goodness of God. I'm praying for myself and for my friend. Have peace in your hearts. =)
what i look forward to, 1:42 PM.